Looking for ways to keep your blood sugar in line? And maybe lose a bit of weight as well?
These seven golden lifestyle hacks can take you to both those goals.
They’re simple and easily achievable.
Which one or two will you begin today?
1. Exercise regularly, especially resistance exercise.
Exercise helps improve glucose levels and insulin sensitivity, lose weight, and keep your heart strong.
Physical activity can lower your blood sugar levels for up to 24 hours post-exercise.
While most people default to endurance exercise (running, walking, etc.), studies show it’s important to add resistance exercise into the mix.
Resistance exercise is easy to do in the comfort of your own home. It can include any of the following:
- Resistance bands
- Free weights
- Body weight exercise
- Weight machines
2. Manage your carbs.
Like it or not, your body processes carbs into sugars. So those potatoes, corn/corn chips, rice, breads, as well as desserts turn into sugars that fuel hyperglycemia.
Then your body stores it for future energy. (Bet that isn’t what you bargained for, right?)
If you want to manage your blood sugar levels, it’s smart to stick to a low-carb diet most of the time. Focus on getting your carbs from vegetables (yes, veggies have some carbs) instead of corn, potatoes, rice... and from fruit instead of high-calorie desserts.
And you certainly don’t want to drink your calories!
High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is worse than table sugar. Your body almost immediately stores it as fat. Plus, HFCS is loaded with genetically modified organisms (GMOs), which have highly dubious health effects.
They say it only takes 21 days to form a new habit. That’s even true for weaning yourself off sugar, soda, and other things your body processes as sugar.
And that’s good news! In just a few weeks you could dramatically impact your health for the good.
3. Drink more water.
Drinking water prevents dehydration, promotes healthy sugar levels, and helps your kidneys flush out extra sugars.
One observational study showed that those you drank more water had lower blood sugar levels.
Incidentally, be sure to drink water, not sweetened (artificially or not) drinks.
4. Monitor your blood sugar levels.
What gets measured, gets managed.
Measuring or monitoring your blood sugar can help you track your progress and see what things spike it and what lowers it.
A portable blood glucose meter can let you measure pre- and post-exercise levels, as well as see which foods affect your levels.
Keeping a log will help you see trends.
5. Maintain a healthy weight.
Maintaining a healthy weight promotes healthy blood sugar levels.
Research shows that losing even a 5% of your body weight can improve blood sugar regulation. And losing more helps lower your longer-term HbA1c readings.
6. Manage your stress.
Stress can cause your blood sugar levels to rise.
During stress, your body secretes the hormones glucagon and cortisol – both of which cause your blood sugar levels to rise.
This is another positive benefit from exercise... it helps reduce stress.
7. Take these nutrients and herbs.
• Curcumin. Studies show that curcumin reduces inflammation and oxidative stress, lowers blood sugar levels, improves sensitivity to insulin, regenerates pancreatic cells, protects the heart, and may aid in weight loss.
• Berberine. Research suggests that berberine lowers blood sugar by stimulating your enzymes to break down glucose, promoting tissue uptake of sugar, and boosting your insulin production.
• A blend of Ayurvedic herbs well-known for their blood sugar balance including bitter melon, fenugreek, amla, neem, and cinnamon. (Those are their common names... the scientific ones are longer!) These herbs all have a long history of use, as the Ayurvedic system of medicine has been around since about 1500 BC.
Instead of you tracking down and buying all those separate herbs and downing a dozen or more capsules every day, we’ve formulated an all-in-one blood sugar support supplement called UltraMetabolic™.
UltraMetabolic™ includes UltraCür® curcumin, UltraBer berberine, and our proprietary blend of nine Ayurvedic herbs, all in one convenient capsule.
Simply take one UltraMetabolic™ capsule before breakfast and dinner to get and keep those numbers in a healthy range that allows you to engage with life and loved ones.